FINDING AND CRITICAL ISSUES
E-invoicing consists in a digital process of billing, transmission and archiving of invoices that allows to leave paper behind. This procedure is not only an obligation, but also an opportunity for all companies and professional that are subject to those norms. Through e-invoicing, archiving does not take up physical space anymore, but becomes flexible, available 24/7 worldwide. It is a considerable evolution in practical terms, that makes available more time and resources.
CURRENT EUROPEAN LEGISLATION OVERVIEW
- In Europe the reference legislation framework for Electronic Invoicing is represented by Directive 2010/45 / EU, 13 July 2010
- European Digital Agenda of 2010 claims that by 2020 E-invoicing will be the most effective billing method in Europe
- The 2014/55/ EU Directive, 16/04/2014 aims to enhance the use of e-invoicing in European Union countries by 2018
- Over this period of time, each EU and non-EU country has adopted its own standard for electronic invoicing
- In March 2017, the CEN (European Committee for Standardization) defined the first European standard for electronic invoicing.
CURRENT ITALIAN LEGISLATION OVERVIEW
- Legislative Decree No.52, 20 /12/2004: Implementation of Directive 2001 / CE / 115
- Decree, 23/01/2004 (Official Journal no. 27, 3/02/2004): Procedures for fulfilling tax obligations in connection to electronic documents and their duplicates on different media.
- Resolution No. 11/2004,19/02/2004: National Centre for Computer Technology in Public Administration (In Italian, CNIPA) Technical guidelines for the reproduction and conservation of documents on optical media suitable for ensuring compliance of documents with original copies.
- Legislative Decree No.10, 23/01/ 2002: Legal provisions for the fulfillment of Directive 1999/93/EC from December 13, 1999 by the European Parliament and the Council of Ministers, concerning an agreement within the Community for electronic signatures
- Decree No. 55 by the Council of Ministers, 3/04/2013: Definition of gradual acceptance by Public Administration of electronic invoicing process, determining the effective change for all institutions by 31/03/2015
Increased efficiency of administrative processes, thanks to the automation of the steps of generation, submission and receipt of the invoice. Substantial reduction in issue costs, submission and archiving of invoices, both for the issuer and the recipient, with a 90% saving compared to traditional billing processes. Decrease of collecting time, due to higher efficiency of submission and receiving processes and to the elimination of errors in generation and recording of invoices. Increased security as a consequence of electronic signature processes that allow both sender and recipient to ensure integrity and authenticity of invoices. Automation of validation and verification processes, integrating data contained in the document with the company’s management systems.
HOW DT ACTS
The strength of Digital Technologies’ integrated approach lies in the remarkable ability to customize the platform. DT’s solution for Electronic Invoicing can be fully integrated with the company’s ERP systems, ensuring greater input and output flexibility. We support companies in identifying the most effective technologies and methods for electronic submission of invoices (i.e. EDI, xmlPA, Peppol, etc.), analyzing each Country’s specificity (Italy, Europe, outside Europe). We design projects worldwide for the construction of a unique infrastructure for the management of electronic billing flows on a worldwide scale. Dt’s platform is accessible via WEB, without any further additional software. We guarantee processes compliance to bylaw standards and safe transactions. We manage a 360 degrees e-invoicing service, from flow processing, according to the defined standards, to end-to-end transmission tracking.