Robotic Process Automation is a set of automation tools and softwares capable of automatically performing repetitive activities and tasks, emulating the actions of a human resource, and interacting with applications.
What processes can RPA automate?
- Rule-based processes
- Manual processes characterized by repetitive tasks
- Stable processes
What actions can RPA perform?
- Process tasks: specific tasks performed within individual processes (data sourcing and validation activities, opening documents, extracting data from documents, reading, and writing into databases, etc.)
- Cross-functional tasks: activities shared between several functions with similar capabilities or activities performed to reconcile unstructured data
- End-to-end processes: processes involving the access and use of several systems (ERP systems, e-mail, spreadsheets, websites, etc.) and the execution of long sequences of tasks
- Intercompany document reconciliation
- Unstructured order management
- Supplier master data management
- Credit transfer reconciliation
- Customs documents management
- Invoice management
- Shipment tracking